Allergens within the home can cause a number of different conditions such as asthma, rhinitis etc. Here are a few useful tips if there is an allergy sufferer in your home:
- keep bedrooms well ventilated, open the window slightly over night and open wide in the morning to air the room.
- Consider replacing curtains with roller blinds, if not wash your curtains every 3 months in hot water
- Vacuum carpets daily
- microscopic mites love lounging in your bed and pillows, make sure you wash your bedding regularly and your quilt and pillows once a month.
- Use a damp rag to clean around your bed frame each week
- childrens soft toys harbor many dust mites so need to be kept off the bed if possible and washed once a week
- Be careful what cleaning products you use as substances like bleach can cause problems for people with respiratory and skin allergies, try to use a less harmful product or only use in well ventilated areas.